by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
It's difficult to prevent arthritis from ever developing. One possible action to take is to reduce repetitive strain on muscles and joints.
It has been demonstrated that repetitive stress can create microtrauma to joints and possibly lead to osteoarthritis. A history of squatting, heavy physical labor, occupational knee bending, and a history of contact sports participation are risk factors for knee arthritis. Repetitive or forceful tasks performed by the hands can contribute to osteoarthritis.
Regular exercise creates stronger and more flexible joints. However, avoid any exercise that produces prolonged joint pain after exercising.
Consider a cross-training program that includes a variety of exercises and light weight training. The use of weights
(resistance training) strengthens the muscles, ligaments, and tendons associated with joints.
Practice good posture. Lift heavy items with the hip muscles, not the back.
Overweight and obese individuals are at greater risk for osteoarthritis.
Research shows that certain nutrients can protect the joints and minimize arthritic symptoms. Such supplements include vitamins C and D, boron, glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and MSM.
Consider yoga for flexible joints. The poses can increase muscle tone and flexibility and range of motion of joints. Research indicates that yoga is beneficial for joints.
Get more information about prevent arthritis and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.