Prescription arthritis patch
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
There are a number of prescription patches used for arthritis.
The first is Lidoderm. This is a patch that contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic. It is useful for painful conditions that are located near the skin surface where a local anesthetic will be helpful. It is particularly useful for tendonitis, bursitis, and shingles relate pain.
The second patch that is sometimes used is a patch which contains steroid solution. This is also used for localized tendonitis and tendonitis. Steroid solution is place on one end while saline is place at another. The patch is designed so that an electromagnetic current is set up and the steroid solution is driven into the area of concern. It is usually administered by a physical therapist and is sometimes very effective.
The third patch that is sometime used is Duragesic. This is a long-acting narcotic. The patch is put on and lasts for about 72 hours and is available in a number of strengths. A similar patch, Butrans, provides bupropion, a narcotic analgesic, over a one week period. This patch also comes in different dosage forms and needs to be titrated upward as well as downward. All narcotics should not be discontinued abruptly.
Another patch is Flector. This is a patch that contains Voltaren, an anti-inflammatory drug.
While patches are effective, they are expensive and often are difficult to get through many insurance plans.
Get more information about prescription arthritis patch and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.