Prednisone joint pain side effect
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Joint pains can be the cause of or the result of prednisone therapy.
Prednisone is used to treat the symptoms of many types of inflammatory arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, Reiter’s disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, and polymyalgia rheumatica.
It is extremely effective for controlling symptoms. At the same time it is a drug with many potential side-effects.
At the same time if a patient takes a corticosteroid for more than a few weeks, they cannot not stop taking it suddenly. Disease symptoms such as joint pain with arthritis can get worse.
If steroid therapy must be discontinued after long term use, a tapering schedule needs to be followed.
Get more information about prednisone joint pain side effect and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.