Prednisolone weight gain
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Prednisolone belongs to the group of medicines known as glucocorticoids or steroids.
Prednisolone is used to control inflammatory and allergic disorders such as asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and colitis.
Prednisolone is available in tablet, soluble tablet and injection form. It is also available in enteric-coated form which means it does not start to break down until it has traveled through the stomach and has reached the small intestine. This reduces the risk of stomach irritation.
Along with their beneficial effects, steroids can cause unwanted side effects.
The list of these side effects includes:
stomach ulcers (with bleeding or perforation),
inflammation of the pancreas,
muscle wasting of the upper arms and legs,
thinning and wasting of the bones,
irregular or stoppage of periods,
Cushing syndrome (upper body weight gain),
change in the body's proteins and calcium balance,
increased susceptibility to infections,
euphoria (feeling high),
feeling of dependency on treatment,
glaucoma, (increased pressure on the eye),
thinning of the tissues of the eye,
worsening of viral or fungal infections of the eye,
reduction in healing,
thinning of the skin,
stretch marks, acne,
water and salt retention,
malaise (general feeling of being unwell)
Get more information about prednisolone weight gain and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.