Pain under right shoulder blade pregnancy
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
There are a number of possibilities.
During pregnancy, gall bladder disease can flare up and this may cause referred pain to the right shoulder. Also, any condition that causes irritation of the diaphragm, either from the abdomen or from the chest may also cause shoulder symptoms.
Examples of abdominal conditions that can do this are:
Peptic ulcer disease, pancreatitis, pneumonia, pulmonary emboli, pleuritis, and esophagitis.
The major consideration though is ectopic pregnancy.
The list of symptoms mentioned in various sources for ectopic pregnancy includes:
• Missed period
• Sudden severe abdominal pain
• Mild abdominal pain
• Abdominal tenderness
• Vaginal bleeding
• Internal bleeding - and various symptoms related to internal bleeding:
• Severe abdominal pain
• Shoulder-tip pain
• Pallor (Paleness... not sure if this is a word :-))
• Low blood pressure
• Clammy skin
• Pain after intercourse
Get more information about pain under right shoulder blade pregnancy and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.