Pain medication for cushings & arthritis
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Cushing's syndrome is a condition that results from an excess of cortisol, a hormone produced by the adrenal glands.
The most common cause of Cushing's syndrome excessive amounts of steroids given for different medical conditions. The second most common cause is Cushing's disease caused by excessive production of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) by the pituitary gland. ACTH stimulates the adrenal glands to produce cortisol.
Cushing's syndrome can be caused by a tumor of the pituitary gland, a tumor of the adrenal gland, a tumor somewhere
other than the pituitary or adrenal glands (ectopic Cushing's syndrome), or by long-term use of corticosteroids (drugs
commonly used to treat conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and asthma).
Risk factors are adrenal tumor or pituitary tumor, long-term therapy with corticosteroids, and being female.
While pain is not a typical complaint in patients with Cushing’s syndrome, it can be managed using over the counter
analgesics such as acetaminophen. Non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) probably should be avoided if
possible because of the possible risk of peptic ulcer disease.
Get more information about pain medication for cushings & arthritis and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.