Pain in left side of abdomen, rib cage up to shoulder
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Disorders of the chest and abdomen may be referred to the musculoskeletal system. For example, the pain of heart attacks is classically a chest tightness or pressure with an accompanying dull ache into the jaws, teeth, shoulder, and left arm.
Diseases of the lungs may cause pain referral to the chest wall or shoulder.
Any condition that irritate the diaphragm such as gall bladder disease or lung disease may cause pain in the abdomen, ribs, and
even the shoulder.
Diseases that affect the spleen might lead to left-sided abdominal pain, rib cage pain and pain in the shoulder.
Sometimes disorders of internal organs will also cause pain referral to the spine. For example, aortic aneurysms can cause pain radiating to the upper or lower back.
Less ominous problems such as muscle pulls after vigorous activity may also cause pain in left side of abdomen, rib cage up to shoulder.
Get more information about pain in left side of abdomen, rib cage up to shoulder and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.