Outside foot pain
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
There are many conditions that can cause pain on the outside of the foot:
• On the lateral or outside of the foot, a common complaint is a tailor's bunion, a bony prominence at the fifth metatarsal head where it connects to the toe. This condition can cause pain on the side of the foot.
• Ganglions, sacs of jelly-like fluid commonly form on the
side of the foot, and can also contribute to pain on the side of the foot.
• If a patient has pain on the side of the foot and also towards the back under the ankle, they may have sinus tarsi syndrome, a condition that often follows a severe inversion ankle injury.
• Spraining any foot ligament connecting the calcaneocuboid joints, cuboid-fifth metatarsal, etc. can also result in pain on the side of the foot.
Peroneal tendinopathy can also cause pain in the side of the foot and outside of the ankle.
Stress fractures of the fifth metatarsal are a cause of pain on the outside part of the foot.
Get more information about Outside foot pain and related topics as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.