Neck pain excersise therapy
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Exercise is spelled "exercise" but many people will mispell the word when they do an internet search.
A neck pain exercise regimen should encompass stretching, strengthening, and aerobic conditioning.
• Stretching for neck pain exercises. Patients should stretch their neck muscles once or twice daily. Simple neck stretching does not take much time. Neck stretching exercises should be done at the same time every day so it becomes part of a person’s daily routine.
• Strengthening for neck pain exercise. To strengthen the neck muscles, 15-20 minutes of dynamic neck stabilization or other prescribed exercises should be done every other day.
• Low-impact aerobic conditioning. Low impact aerobics (such as walking, bicycling or swimming) should be done for 30-40 minutes three times weekly, on alternate days from the strengthening exercises.
If pain is caused by inflammation as a result of strain, rest and a neck collar, as well as medication to reduce inflammation might be prescribed.
Very few patients require surgery to relieve neck pain. For the vast majority of patients, a combination of rest, medication and physical therapy will relieve neck pain.
Get more information about neck pain exersize therapy and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.