Nausea low back pain loss of appetite
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
When low back pain is associated with other symptoms, a potentially serious problem needs to be considered.
In particular, unexplained weight loss, loss of appetite, pain and neurological problems are a tip off to dangerous circumstances.
If someone’s weight has been steady for a long time and for no known reason there is weight loss and/or anorexia (lack of appetite), it may be indicative of a serious medical condition, such as cancer. Several symptoms of a malignancy in the spine include:
• Pain in the neck or back, followed by neurological problems (such as weakness or numbness of the arms or legs or a change in normal bowel or bladder habits) is most common
• Back pain that does not diminish with rest, and pain
that may be worse at night than during the day
• Any of the above symptoms along with loss of appetite, unplanned weight loss, nausea, vomiting, or fever, chills or shakes
Another possible explanation for nausea and loss of appetite may be medications, such as pain relieving anti-inflammatory drugs or narcotics, that are taken for low back pain.
Patients on long term anti-inflammatory medicines can develop peptic ulcer disease. If the ulcer perforates on the back wall of the stomach or bowel, back pain can also occur.
Get more information about nausea low back pain loss of appetite and related conditions as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.