Lyme disease symptons
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
You may have typed in “symptons”. This is commonly done when people are looking for Lyme disease symptoms. Let’s talk about Lyme disease.
Deer ticks are the vector that lead to Lyme disease. They can be so small that they are almost impossible to see. Therefore, many people with Lyme disease never see a tick.
The symptoms of Lyme disease include:
• A flat or slightly raised red lesion at the site of the tick bite (can be larger than 1 to 3 inches in diameter, often with a clear area in the center)
• Muscle pains
• Stiff neck
• Joint inflammation in the knees and other large joints
Additional symptoms that may be associated with this disease:
• Itching, overall
Signs and tests
• Change in mood or behavior
Physical examination in advanced Lyme disease may show evidence of joint, heart, eye, or brain abnormalities. The skin manifestations may still be present although usually they are gone.
Antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi by immunofluorescence (IFA) or ELISA. ELISA tests need to be confirmed with a Western blot test. Nowadays, most laboratories are good about sensitivity of their Lyme screen so that a negative Lyme screen done by a reputable laboratory is a pretty good indicator that Lyme disease is not the culprit.
Get more information about lyme disease symptoms and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.