Lyme disease symptoms
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Deer ticks can be so small that they are almost impossible to see. Therefore, many people with Lyme disease never see a tick.
The symptoms of Lyme disease include:
• A flat or slightly raised red lesion at the site of the tick bite (can be larger than 1 to 3 inches in diameter, often with a clear area in the center)
• Muscle pains
• Stiff neck
• Joint inflammation in the knees and other large joints
Signs and tests
Physical examination in advanced Lyme disease may show evidence of joint, heart, or brain abnormalities. These are complicated and readers are referred to other pages on this site.
Antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi by immunofluorescence (IFA) or ELISA. Positive ELISA tests should be confirmed with a Western blot test.
Get more information about lyme disease symptoms and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.