by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory, multi-organ disorder of the immune system.
Lupus is the prototypical autoimmune disease. It is characterized by the production of antibodies against the patient. This reaction leads to the many manifestations of the disease.
Early symptoms are vague, non-specific, and may be confused with other disorders. Symptoms may last a short time or a very long time. Symptoms may occur despite normal laboratory tests and laboratory tests may be very abnormal with very few symptoms.
The most common symptom is fatigue. Other common symptoms are:
Fever higher than 100 degrees Fahrenheit
Mouth or nose sores
Other signs include swollen lymph nodes, blood abnormalities, and other laboratory tests of immune function.
Get more information about arthritis and related conditions as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.