by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Patients with SLE (female:male ratio is about 10:1) frequently present with a peripheral polyarthritis (multiple joints) with symmetric involvement of both small and large joints.
Symptoms reflect multisystem involvement, particularly photosensitivity, unexplained rashes, malar rash, pleuritic chest pain, history of seizures, oral ulcers, hair loss, Raynaud's phenomenon, fevers and sweats.
Deformities including subluxation at the metacarpophalangeal MCP) joints, ulnar deviation of the fingers, "swan neck" and boutonniere deformities.
(Jaccoud's arthropathy), a type of arthritis also seen with rheumatic fever, may develop in about approximately 15% of patients with SLE, but these are not associated with joint erosion.
Get more information about lupus arthritis and related conditions as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.