King George's gout
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
“From 1824 onwards, George IV suffered from gout and to relieve the pain, he took ever increasing doses of laudanum."
Now vastly overweight and ageing rapidly, his face a mask of greasepaint and rouge, he became sensitive to the inquisitive gaze of his subjects and grew ever more reclusive.”
King George IV mutinied against the royal physicians' policy of "quieta non movere" and phlebotomy: "I have borne your half measures long enough to please you; now I shall please myself and take colchicum." (colchicine is a treatment for gout)
Not a pretty picture, is it?
Prior to the advent of medications for gout, people afflicted by the condition were in constant pain, had disfiguring arthritis, and usually died as a result of kidney failure.
Get more information about king george's gout and related conditions as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.