by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
From the Abbott website
Humira was the first human monoclonal antibody approved for reducing the signs and symptoms and inhibiting the progression of structural damage in adults with moderately to severely active RA who have had insufficient response to one or more traditional disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs (DMARDs).
Humira was created using phage display technology, resulting in an antibody with human-derived heavy and light chains variable regions and human IgG1:K constant regions.
Humira has a medical assistance program but it, like many other medical assistance programs, is hard to qualify for since there are strict income requirements. Speak with your physician about how to contact Abbott support to see if you qualify. More information is available by calling 1-866-4-Humira.
The company said it has provided $80 million in free Humira since it launched in January 2003. Humira can cost more than $20,000 a year for patients who have no drug coverage.
Other options are to ask your doctor if samples are available. Within the next several years, biosimilars (generics) may be available as well.
Get more information about humira cost and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.