Home remedy for arthritis pain
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Here are some home remedies recommended by people. I personally don’t recommend home remedies to my patients but I do not discount them if they work. And I'm always interested in finding out what helps and what doesn't.
Wrap the arthritic joint with a cabbage leaf.
Another old folk remedy is called “rainydrop.”
Get fresh ginger. You can use a teaspoon of it daily. Grate it and then cook in a little bit of water for about five minutes. Then combine the cooked ginger root with some honey. Then pour seltzer into a glass and pour the ginger root mixture into that.
Soak a brown paper bag in vinegar and wrap it around the affected joint.
Some people have used a combination of grape juice and vinegar for their arthritis. Another variation is honey and vinegar.
A few people swear that Knox gelatin works well.
A number of commercial rubs containing capsacin are available. Be careful since they can burn or blister the skin.
Horse liniment has its proponents as well. DMSO is another substance that can be used as a linament. It is also a remedy used for horses. Some people have used it. Be careful since it is carcinogenic.
Alternating between hot and cold compresses sometimes works.
Get more information about home remedy for arthritis pain and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.