Flexion and extension and wrist
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
The wrist is a complex joint consisting of eight small bones that permit movement between the forearm and the hand.
Arthritis, when it involves the wrist, severely restricts hand function.
A number of muscles and tendons permit these multiple movements.
Bending the joint (moving the palm of the hand toward the front of the forearm.) Muscles and tendons involved are:
• Flexor carpi radialis
• Flexor carpi ulnaris
• Palmaris longus
• Abductor pollicis longus
• Flexor digitorum profundus
• Flexor digitorum superficialis
• Flexor pollicis longus
Straightening the joint (moving the back of the hand toward the back of the forearm.) Muscles and tendons involved are:
• Extensor carpi radialis longus
• Extensor carpi radialis brevis
• Extensor carpi ulnaris
• Extensor digitorum
• Extensor pollicis longus
• Extensor indicis
• Extensor digiti minimi
Tendonitis is a common problem associated with flexion and extension at the wrist.
Multiple forms of arthritis affect the wrist including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, and pseudogout.
For more information about tendonitis, visit our sister site: Tendonitis and PRP
Get more information about flexion and extension and wrist and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Click here Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.