Fibromyalgia and dry eyes
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Dry eyes due to reduced tear production or excessive evaporation of tears is a common problem.
This is a common complaint among patients with fibromyalgia (FM). Other symptoms related to the eyes include blurred vision, double vision, and light sensitivity. Light sensitivity may trigger headaches.
The major consideration is to exclude other types of diseases that causes dry eyes. For example many patients with other
forms of arthritis such as systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and psoriatic arthritis have secondary fibromyalgia. They may also have Sjogren's disease. This is an autoimmune condition that is a close cousin to lupus.
Another disease that causes dryness of the eyes along with aches and pains is sarcoidosis.
The treatment of the dry eyes in FM will depend largely on whether the drynesss is due to FM alone or is due to Sjogren's. The treatment is different.
Get more information about fibromyalgia and dry eyes and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Click here Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.