by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Corticosteroids are powerful drugs often used in the management of rheumatic disorders.
Methylprenisolone sodium succinate
Approximate equivalent doses for glucocorticoid efficacy:
0.75 mg dexamethasone=4 mg methylprednisolone=5 mg prednisone or prednisolone= 20 mg hydrocortisone.
Intraarticular doses of long acting (depot) steroid depends on the size of the joint. Larger joints require more steroid.
Get more information about corticosteroid equivalents and related issues as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Click here Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.