Burning hands burning feet…
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
This condition usually occurs as a result of nerve damage. This glove and stocking distribution typically is seen with a condition called peripheral neuropathy. What occurs is damage to the longest and largest nerve fibers which run in the arms and legs. This is a common problem that occurs as a result of many different diseases and conditions.
Some of the conditions include:
•Toxins such as heavy metals like lead, arsenic, mercury, or drugs such as nitrofurantoin and diphenylhydantoin.
•Deficiency states such as is seen in alcoholism, vitamin B deficiency can do it. Diseases like diabetes, kidney failure, lung cancer, lupus, and multiple myeloma can also do it.
•Infectious diseases such as mononucleosis and leprosy may also cause this picture.
•Vascular diseases such as vasculitis, rheumatoid arthritis, polyarteritis nodosa, and atherosclerosis also may be a cause.
An accurate diagnosis is key. This involves careful history taking as well as physical examination. Electrical testing may also be helpful. Laboratory tests are also advised.
The treatment pretty much hinges on the diagnosis. When damage to the nerves is severe, symptoms may not be reversible.
Symptomatic treatment is sometimes achieved with the use of tricyclic drugs, gabapentin (Neurontin), and pregabalin (Lyrica).
Get more information about burning hands burning feet as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Click here Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.