Arthritis exercise New York
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Information from the New York State Arthritis Association
Effective Treatments for Arthritis
• The Arthritis Self-Help Course (ASHC) has been proven to reduce arthritis-related pain by 20% and to decrease physician visits by 43%. This course involves small group education sessions with a focus on problem solving, exercise, relaxation and communication.( Kruger JMS, Helmick CG, Callahan LF, Haddix AC. Cost effectiveness of the Arthritis Self-Help Course. Arch Intern Med. 1998;158:1245-9.)
• Physical activity in the form of regular, moderate exercise maintains joint health, relieves symptoms, improves
functions, reduces joint swelling, increases pain threshold, and improves energy levels. (Arthritis Foundation, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Arthritis Action Plan: A Public Health Strategy. Atlanta, GA: Arthritis Foundation, 1999.) Several effective physical activity programs are available for people with arthritis. These programs include the Arthritis Foundation's water and land-based exercise programs.
• Weight loss, averaging just 11 pounds can reduce the risk of knee osteoarthritis by as much as 50%. (Felson DT, Zhang Y, Anthony JM, Naimark A, Anderson JJ. Weight loss reduces the risk for symptomatic knee osteoarthritis in women. The Framingham Study. Ann Intern Med. 1992;116:535-9.) Physical activity and optimal nutrition are key to weight management.
• Physical and occupational therapy can help improve impairments and activity limitations.
• Medications for some types of arthritis can limit disease progression, control symptoms and prevent serious complications.
• Joint replacement therapy often reduces pain and improves activity.
Get more information about arthritis exercise as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Click here Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.