by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Many places that see patients with arthritis call themselves an “arthritis clinic.”
To be sure the place you go to is reputable, make sure the physician who sees you is a board-certified rheumatologist. A rheumatologist is a medical physician who has had specific medical training, called a fellowship, in which they are taught how to manage the more than 100 different varieties of arthritis. Following the fellowship, the physician must take a board examination in order to be certified.
A rheumatologist is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
The rheumatologist should be both a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology.
An arthritis clinic will be staffed by medical professionals trained in the management of arthritic conditions.
Most arthritis clinics will have access to ancillary services such as laboratory, x-ray, diagnostic ultrasound, assistive devices, clinical research, and sometimes physical therapy.
Beware of arthritis clinics that tout “cures” or who offer only alternative or unproven remedies. A good arthritis clinic will offer innovative therapies. The best clinics will have an active clinical research division and offer access to clinical trials.
Get more information about arthritis and related conditions as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Click here Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.