Arthritis and rheumatism
by Nathan Wei, MD, FACP, FACR
Nathan Wei is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist and author of the Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit. It's available exclusively at this website... not available in stores.
Click here: Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Arthritis is any painful condition of the joints. There are about 100 types of arthritis, and each one has a different cause, and has different symptoms.
The two commoner ones are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Others include juvenile arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout. It is important to have a proper diagnosis, as the treatment for each type is very different.
Rheumatism is a broader term than arthritis, where not only are the joints involved, but also the muscles and ligaments associated with the joints.
The word "rheumatatism" is actually an old-fashioned word that is no longer in vogue.
Arthritis and Rheumatism is the title of the peer-reviewed journal of the American College of Rheumatology. It comes out monthly and tends to be very research oriented. A newer companion journal, Arthritis Care and Research is a sister journal that is more clinically oriented.
Get more information about arthritis and rheumatism as well as...
• Insider arthritis tips that help you erase the pain and fatigue of rheumatoid arthritis almost overnight!
• Devastating ammunition against low back pain... discover 9 secrets!
• Ignored remedies that eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms quickly!
• Obsolete treatments for knee osteoarthritis that still are used... and may still work for you!
• The stiff penalties you face if you ignore this type of hip pain...
• 7 easy-to-implement neck pain remedies that work like a charm!
• And much more...
Click here Second Opinion Arthritis Treatment Kit
Return to arthritis home page.